Notifications provide users with important messages and status information. They are designed to be noticeable, helpful, and friendly.
Use notifications to communicate the following:
- Issues that may affect the ability to access all or portions of a site or its related services.
- Contextual error or success messages based on user actions.
- Informational messages that assist users through a process or transaction.
Always place notifications in context where they will be most helpful and timely.
- Follow Microsoft Brand Central guidelines for voice.
- Adhere to Microsoft Manual of Style as well as any style guides specific to your product when composing notification messages. Access Microsoft style guides.
More coming soon.