Breadcrumbs show people their current location relative to higher-level concepts, helping them understand where they are in relation to the rest of the site. Breadcrumbs afford one-click access to higher site levels and thus rescue users who parachute into very specific but inappropriate destinations through search or deep links.
- Represent the site hierarchy from one's current location back up through the home page; do not use for history.
- Place horizontally near the top of a web page, just below the navigation.
- Appear and behave as hyperlinks. Default color is 0060ac; can be customized to brand color if used on other links throughout the site.
- 13px font size
- Right chevron to separate links, with one space before and after.
- Best reserved for desktop and tablet experiences, and should generally be excluded in mobile breakpoints in favor of mobile friendly navigation aids.